If you’d like to give a thoughtful gift this season, treat your friends and family to the gift of optimal health. The holidays can add extra levels of stress and sometimes trying to stay healthy can add additional stress on top of that. Stress can weaken the immune system and leave the body more susceptible to illness. The gift of self-care and immune support can increase energy, focus, mood and is certainly a gift that keeps on giving.
1. Create a Custom Immune Health Gift Basket
Strengthening the immune system can help defend against respiratory viruses and aid in faster recovery. For elderly or immunocompromised loved ones, an immune health care gift basket can provide daily immune support. Add immune boosting supplements, skin care and relaxation tools to decrease inflammation and increase tranquility.
- Vitamin D: New research shows how Vitamin D plays an important role in reducing respiratory inflammation, boosting immunity and increasing overall health. Add a weekly 50K IU Vitamin D supplement as a main staple in your gift basket.
- Zinc: Zinc is an immune-essential mineral. A zinc deficiency can increase risk for infections. Zinc helps fight colds and early flu symptoms as well as acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Magnesium: Magnesium keeps the immune system strong, helps strengthen muscles and bones, and supports many body functions from cardiac functions to brain functions. It is also a key hormone regulator for women. Low magnesium levels can lead to menopausal symptoms.
- Probiotic: 70% of immune cells reside in the gut. Probiotic Supplements help clean your digestive tract, stop sugar and carb cravings, reduce body fat and stop acid reflux. Symptoms of an unhealthy gut include imbalances of good and bad bacteria, heartburn, gas and bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, upset stomach, GERD, diverticulitis, constipation or diarrhea, fatigue, headaches, obesity or other weight struggles.
- Check out more immune supplements to include in your gift basket.
Michael Holick, the leading authority on Vitamin D, recommends that those with lighter skin tones, can go out for a 15-minute walk in the sunlight twice a week to boost immunity. Darker skin tones may need extended exposure to process melanin.
Include sun protection in your gift basket such as 30-SPF or higher sunblock or hat to cover the head. Encourage your loved one to absorb UVB light and boost immunity safely. Also feel free to include fragrance-free lotion to hydrate and nourish skin.
Enjoying a long, hot bath is a wonderful way to relieve stress and calm the immune system. Sensory and aromatherapy can reduce stress and bring the body out of the “fight or flight” state and into the “rest and digest” state.
- Include epsom salt in your gift basket since it contains magnesium and sulfate which can help release toxins.
- Essential oils such as eucalyptus and tea tree have antiviral properties that may protect against viral infection.
- Studies also show that lavender essential oil has a calming effect, so it can help ease anxiety and reduce stress.
2. Give the Foundation DNA Test
If your loved one who has been suffering from a chronic condition such as hormone-imbalance, fibromyalgia diabetes, depression or insomnia, DNA testing can help reveal underlying causes that may be threatening their immune system.
A Foundation Wellness Panel gift can help your loved one find more clarity and peace of mind in regard to their symptoms. DNA test results can shed light on how to adjust diet, take supplements and change patterns to improve the unique individual’s overall health.
DNA Testing can reveal gene expressions that may cause:
- Poor Hormonal Production, Low Testosterone, Poor Estrogen Metabolism
- Poor Sleep, Fatigue, or Low Energy
- Digestive Issues, IBS, Leaky Gut, Excess Body Fat, Obesity, Difficulty Losing Weight
- Stress, Memory Loss, Poor Focus and Concentration
- Hashimoto’s Disease and Other Auto-immune Conditions
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain
- Cancer, Diabetes
- Heart disease, Stroke
- ADHD, ADD, Autism, Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia
- Depression, Anxiety, PMS, Bipolar Disorders
At Natural Bio Health, pur Pro7 genetic test offers seven major panels to review gene expressions. The Methylation Foundation Wellness Panel makes a great gift because it provides a strong foundation to evaluate overall wellness.
According to Dr. Kendal Stewart, Founder of GX Sciences, “Methylation describes a biochemical process that is utilized in the body for transport of nutrients, energy production and in gene modulation. In patients with decreased methylation activity (i.e. methylation deficiency), there are significant shortcomings in the ability to execute a variety of important chemical functions in the body. These shortcomings can leave the body unprotected from the everyday assault of environmental and infectious agents, sluggish in neurotransmitter production and slow to recover from inflammatory damage.”
3. Recommend a Myers’ Cocktail IV Vitamin Therapy
For loved ones in relatively good health or with seasonal allergies, give the gift of an extra energy boost. A Myers’ Cocktail can restore energy and endurance. The intravenous nutrient supplement can benefit all body types in detoxification and improving energy levels.
A Myer’s Cocktail delivers nutrients intravenously (through an IV) directly to the bloodstream by bypassing the digestive system. Each cell is infused with a nutrient-dense solution, so that the following vitamins are easily accessible:
- Vitamin B-5
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin B-12
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamin C
You can also include a Myer’s Cocktail gift certificate in your immune health gift basket. The seven vitamins included in Standard Myers’ Cocktail IV Therapies can also help prevent and relieve symptoms associated with the following conditions:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with or without Epstein-Barr virus
- Chronic depression
- Acute or chronic muscle spasm
- Migraine or tension headaches- often within minutes
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Respiratory problems
- Acute of chronic asthma
- Cardiovascular disease
- Ischemic vascular disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Athletes who need quick recovery for athletic events
- Acute viral illness/colds
- Acute infections
Share the gift of health this season with a Natural Bio Health Gift Certificate.
If you’d like to give your loved ones Immune Health Wellness Supplements, a DNA Foundation Panel, Myer’s Cocktails, or the options to choose their own wellness service, stop by one of our Texas clinic locations. Pick up a gift certificate that can be exchanged for any of our services. Give the gift of increased immune health and optimal, vibrant living.
Merry, Happy, Healthy Holidays! ~ From Your NBH Wellness Family
Contact Natural Bio Health Today
Our team is dedicated to helping you and your loved ones understand the numerous factors that may be preventing optimal health. Learn more about taking control of your health. Join the wellness journey to achieve optimal health, fight disease and boost immune health to combat viruses. Visit naturalbiohealth.com.
Our team of specialists understands our patients’ concerns about office safety during the time of COVID-19. We are proud to offer telemedicine services through video and phone calls. We are also seeing patients in person at our offices, but are abiding by new, strict safety precautions. To schedule your appointment, contact us here. We serve Texans in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Round Rock, and College Station.