All Supplement Orders over $50 Receive Free Shipping!
Holiday Special! Immune Health Gift Pack. Click Here to view the supplements.

Can a High-Protein Diet Help You Lose Weight?

Can a High-Protein Diet Help You Lose Weight?

Low-carb diets are last year’s news, but high-protein diets are emerging as the latest aid in weight control. That’s because emerging research has hinted that protein may be able to satisfy hunger better than either fats or carbohydrates. Our clinical experience has verified that protein is best at satisfying hunger cravings. It also helps build lean muscle.

What Studies Show

Participants in a study recently published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported greater satisfaction, less hunger, and weight loss when fat was reduced to 20% of the total calories in their diets, protein was increased to 30%, and carbohydrates (GOOD) accounted for 50%. The study participants ate some 441 fewer calories a day when they followed this high-protein diet and regulated their own calorie intake. REMINDER: Good carbohydrates include primarily vegetables and whole grains.

Another study, reported in the Journal of Nutrition, showed that a high-protein diet combined with exercise enhanced weight and fat loss and improved blood fat (lipid) levels.

“Our research suggests that higher-protein diets help people better control their appetites and calorie intake,” says researcher Donald Layman, PhD, a professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

“Diets higher in protein [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][and] moderate in carbs, along with a lifestyle of regular exercise … have an excellent potential to reduce blood lipids [and] maintain lean tissue while burning fat for fuel without dieters being sidetracked with constant hunger.”

Lifetime Health Weight Loss offers lakeway weight loss solutions.

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Share this post:

Scroll to Top