When should patients take Kavinace Ultra PM?
Take 1 capsule of Kavinace Ultra PM at bedtime.
Is it OK to take Kavinace Ultra PM during the day?
KUPM is designed to help patients fall asleep, so it’s not recommended that this product be taken during the daytime as it may cause drowsiness.
What are the ingredients in KUPM?
Kavinace Ultra PM contains
- *4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid, a GABA derivative that easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and acts as a GABAA agonist.
- *5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), the precursor to serotonin that provides calming neurotransmitter support.
- *Melatonin, which has been shown to promote sleep by regulating our circadian rhythm. Melatonin also may promote sleep by binding to GABA *receptors, as well as enhancing the sleep-promoting effects of other GABA-ergic products.
What else can you tell me about melatonin?
Melatonin has additional benefits, including:
- *Calming effects
- *Protection against glutamate excess and neuronal excitotoxicity.
- *Anti-oxidant activity that may protect brain cells from damage by free radicals.
- *Maintenance of cell integrity and mitochondrial function.
- *Easing of chronic pain.
I notice that KUPM doesn’t contain taurine, while Kavinace does. Why?
The taurine in Kavinace is an amino acid that acts as a GABAA agonist and has calming effects. Melatonin has similar effects, along with added activities especially beneficial for improving sleep (see above).
When do you recommend Kavinace Ultra PM?
Kavinace Ultra PM is recommended for individuals who have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
KUPM is especially suited for people who have been identified, using NeuroScience’s Assess and Addressä approach, to have low-to-moderate urinary serotonin and salivary melatonin levels, as well as a GABA imbalance.
My patient is currently taking Kavinace plus Travacor. How should I incorporate KUPM into their regimen?
You can replace the current dose of nighttime Kavinace + Travacor with just one capsule of Kavinace Ultra PM + 1 Travacor. If a daytime dose of Kavinace was recommended, this daytime dose should remain unchanged.