Temptation is looming on the horizon! But you can resist and make it through the parties and family dinners without overeating. You just have to plan ahead and then stick to your plan. Here are some ideas to help you.
- Avoid the high fatty foods.
- Don’t go to a party on an empty stomach. Either eat something at home to partially fill you up or stop at a local grocery store to buy a fresh salad and eat it in the car if that’s all you have time to do. This fills you up enough so you’re not grabbing at every hors d’oeuvre you’re offered.
- Watch your alcohol intake. It’s one of the biggest contributors to weight gain. Pick what you drink carefully. The fancy cream style drinks are much higher in calories than a glass of wine and no good for weight loss austin.
- If you do indulge in a rich appetizer or dessert, walk it off the next day.
- Remember: A minute on the lips equals a month on the hips!